Archive

Allie Is Wired - The Entertainment Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Allie Is Wired - The Entertainment Blog


Addicted To Tartar Sauce & The Hot Links

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 08:00 PM PST

Wired Exclusive: ‘Remodeled’ Star Paul Fisher Talks New Show (Video)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 07:22 PM PST

Paul Fisher is one of the most well-known agents in the modeling world and has worked with stars like Kimora Lee Simmons, Carre Otis and Naomi Campbell!

I was lucky enough to sit down with Paul to talk about his career and his new CW show Remodeled!

We met at his awesome Los Angeles office and I must say, he really was a great guy.

Paul started his business from the bottom and has reached international praise for his work, I wanted to pick his brain a little.

You've done so much in the modeling world, how did you start out?

“I was a college student at UC Santa Barbara and I met some very rich and powerful people and they wanted to open up a modeling agency. I was 21 years old, I was girl crazy and back then I actually had an afro with a pick in it. So I went to New York and started a modeling agency, I didn't even know how to spell Vogue! I didn't know what I was doing; eventually the company went belly up. But when I took on a young girl and watched her career blossom. To watch that transformation take place in front of my eyes, it was mind boggling. I fell in love with that art of creating kids and watching them grow and transform, it was pretty cool!”

“I came back to Los Angeles and asked my grandpa for $10,000, he said ‘For what, girls?’ I said ‘Kind of. I think I can open a modeling agency, I've learned a lot in New York.’ And he gave it to me! So I started a modeling agency with $10,000 in my studio apartment.”

“I then signed a 14-year-old Latin girl named Jennifer Jimenez. She had beautiful, long hair and I told her I was going to shave it off. She looked at me like I was crazy, but we shaved her head and then later she was booked for the cover of American Elle Magazine. She was the youngest model to ever be on the cover of Elle. After that my career took off.”

What makes someone a good model? What do you look for in those who want to model?

“What I used to think was beautiful and what I think is beautiful now is completely different. My taste and my eye have been trained by what resonates with the magazines. What excites me now is what excites Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, Valerie at Vogue, Ed Razek at Victoria Secret. Everyone asks me where I get my taste and how I pick the kids. I study so much of what is going on in Vogue and Bazaar and Prada and Gucci that I can kind of have a sense of what they are looking for. That's who I'm selling the kids to.”

You have worked with so many amazing models, who do you think is one of the most exciting people in modeling today?

“Andrej Pejic. He is a boy who dresses as a girl and for the first time in the history of our business he’s walking in every single top men show and every top women show! He is transcending our industry, I have a lot of respect for this young person. That's what fashion is all about, taking chances, pushing the limit and thinking outside of the box. So that is someone whose career I am really following. I think this young person is an important statement in our industry.”

So let's talk about your show "Remodeled." How would you describe it for those who have not seen the show?

“I would say that for the first time in the history of television, people are going to see the real star creating process. On one hand the audience will see me help modeling agencies realize their dreams and make them a part of ‘The Network’ (Paul’s network of different agencies around the country). On the other hand they'll see us truly launching these kids' careers. For the first time, the audience will see young people have a true chance at the modeling in the real world. Some will fail, some will succeed. I don't represent actors, I represent top models.”

“Each episode is totally different with different problems. There's different agencies, different models, different lessons so every time somebody tunes in it's a totally new trip. At the same time you'll see reoccurring characters, for those who were wondering about Annalise (a model who was dropped from the agency) she will be coming back, you have to watch what happens.”

In the show you go to different agencies and "Remodel" them, what was one of the oddest or most interesting experiences you had while doing this.

“Well, in one episode we did an agency in Hermosa Beach. We worked with a woman named Stephanie who owns Blaze Models and she has a young man who works for her named Augustus. Basically, things got pretty heated and Augustus tried to beat up Joseph (Paul's assistant)! Literally the camera men were trying to pull apart these two people! That was pretty insane!”

Is there anything else you'd like the audience to know?

“Yes, I want the audience to know that this is all real! I'm not casting actors for a show, this isn't fake. We had one rule for the CW: This is what we do, you can film, but don’t tell us what to do!”

“I'm excited to show the world how I launch careers, fix businesses and how I teach people and businesses how to be great.”

Check out a preview for the show below…

Thank you again Paul for the great interview!

Make sure to check out "Remodeled" on the CW on Wednesdays 9/8c.

American Idol 2012 Recap: Season 11 Episode 4 Aspen, Colorado Auditions 1/25/12

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 04:44 PM PST

American Idol 2012 Recap: Season 11 Episode 4 Aspen, Colorado Auditions 1/25/12

It is a new round of auditions tonight as American Idol hits Aspen, Colorado for auditions. The fresh mountain air is bringing a whole new energy to the crowd tonight. Another set of contestants will hit the stage to win their golden ticket to Hollywood.

We have heard that tonight we will see some of the more colorful contestants and some pretty awful audtions. We love the good auditions but the bad ones are fun too :-) Love them, hate them you never forget them. Who can forget William “She Bangs!” Hung.

On the last show Fifty-three hopefuls got a golden ticket in San Diego. Jim Carrey’s daughter Jane Carrey has created quite the stir since showing up at Sunday’s auditions. Many people felt she got special treatment. What do you think did Jane get special treatment? If you missed Sunday’s episode you can read our recap here!

READ TONIGHT’S FULL SHOW RECAP HERE!

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Will Get Married Soon

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 03:16 PM PST

It appears that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will get married, sooner than anticipated.

It appears that Brad has shifted from his promise that it won't happen until gay marriage is legalized.

"We'd actually like to, and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment."

Has he asked Jolie to marry him?

"I'm not going to go any further," says Pitt. "But to be in love with someone and be raising a family with someone and want to make that commitment and not be able to is ludicrous, just ludicrous."

Do you think a Pitt-Jolie wedding would be bigger than the Royal wedding?

Aaron Carter Still Pining Away Over Hilary Duff (Video)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:36 PM PST

Aaron Carter has still been pining away over Hilary Duff.

A few weeks after wishing Hilary the best with her marriage and new baby on the way, Carter stopped by the Fox studios to reveal that he will "always" love his famous ex.

"I'm really happy for her that she's in a successful relationship and that she's going to have a baby," he said.

"Sometimes I think to myself, maybe that could have been me but it is what it is."

I wonder how Lindsay Lohan feels about all of this?!

Carter, who is promoting his theater debut in "The Fantasticks" said, "she knows I will always love her. It's crazy, that's ancient history now."

Crazy stalker much?

Carter just completed rehab last year.

British Boyband ‘The Wanted’ Gets Stuck In An Elevator (Photo)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:05 PM PST

British boyband ‘The Wanted‘ are currently on tour in the U.S. and ended up finding themselves trapped in an elevator.

Keeping things in good spirits, the boys shared the experience with their fans by posting the below photo on Twitter saying, “After a 12 hour day, as we’re getting ready to go home, we get stuck in an elevator….to be continued…”

I’m certain that getting stuck in an elevator, was NOT part of their tour plans.

Max George, Jay McGuiness [here], Siva Kaneswaran [here], Tom Parker [here] and Nathan Sykes [here] are in the states in an attempt to break into the market.

If you haven’t heard of them before, take a listen to their music below:

Want to see them in Concert — See their official website for tickets.

What do you think? Sound off in comments below.

‘Teen Mom’ Leah Messer Has Miscarriage (Photo)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 10:10 AM PST

Teen Mom 2” star Leah Messer and her fiance Jeremy Calvert were expecting twins, but it is now being reported that they have lost the babies.

“It’s a devastating experience, but all I can do is support Leah and take things day by day,” Calvert tells OK. “It’s hard, but we will get through it.”

Messer, 19, reportedly began to suffer from cramps two weeks ago and knew something was wrong when the pain continued to worsen.

"She was having extreme pain to the point where she couldn't get out of bed," a source told the mag. "Leah knew something was happening. She was bleeding and had body aches."

So sad, and so tragic.

The pregnancy was the second for 19-year-old Leah Messer, who welcomed twins Ali and Aleeah with first husband Corey Simms on December 16, 2009.

Miley Cyrus Gets Boyfriend Liam A Penis Cake For Birthday (Photo)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 09:44 AM PST

That Miley Cyrus, she’s still such a dirty girl.

The 19-year-old singer and actress was celebrating her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth‘s 22nd birthday on Saturday when she posed suggestively with his birthday cake.

Who gave this guy a penis cake?

[SEE PHOTOS]

Miley can be seen licking the cake and pretending to scream as she prepares to cut into it.

TMZ’s sources claimed that she was drinking alcohol during the party at Club Icon in Los Angeles — where the legal drinking age is 21.

Oh Miley.

Rihanna Got Some New Tattoos, ‘Thug Life’ (Photos)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 09:01 AM PST

Rihanna has been enjoying her downtime after wrapping up her "Loud" world tour.

First the paps caught Rihanna lighting up, then she posted a photo of herself wearing a bikini, while hitting on Khloe Kardashian. Now… Rihanna is sporting some new, white ink, “Thug Life.”

Sharing the photo Rihanna said, “♫ All these bitches screaming that 2pac back ♫ #THUGLIFE”

Shakur had the same slogan inked across his stomach. The slain rapper was murdered in 1996, after he was shot four times during a drive-by killing.

[click thumbnails for a larger image]

Looks like she may have gotten a tattoo on her backside as well.

Rihanna was also excited about running into actor Danny Trejo saying, “Look who’s in the #TATTOO parlor…Danny Trejo #G4L p.s. Look up his story!”

Joe Jonas & Jennifer Love Hewitt ‘Hot In Cleveland’ (Video)

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 08:18 AM PST

Joe Jonas and Jennifer Love Hewitt will guest star on ‘Hot In Cleveland‘ tonight.

Jennifer reprises her role as Wendie Malick’s daughter Emmy, and disappoints Valerie Bertinelli‘s character Melanie when she announces that she is engaged to her son Will, played by Joe Jonas.

“Our moms are shocked to find out that we’re engaged,” Jennifer told People mag.

“I’m the wrong person for him because his character is really nice and down to earth, and mine is ridiculous and rude and has all the wrong priorities.”

It’s a wicked web we weave.

Hot In Cleveland airs tonight at 10PM ET/PT.

Demi Moore Had A Seizure Triggered By Anorexia & Substance Abuse

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 08:17 AM PST

Demi Moore was hospitalized Monday night after having an epileptic seizure and is now being treated for anorexia and substance abuse issues.

The 49-year-old had been having a rough time dealing with the stress of her break up from Ashton Kutcher.

A source reveals, "She collapsed after having an epileptic seizure.”

The former cougar has become extremely thin and friends and family have been worried for her health.

Her scary weight loss has been confirmed to be one of the issues she is being treated for.

“Demi is in getting treated for anorexia, as well as other issues that caused her seizure,” the source admitted.

“She has not taken care of her health at all lately and has lost a ton of weight.”

So what was Ashton Kutcher doing while his former wife was being treated in a hospital?

Apparently, after news broke of her hospitalization, Kutcher continued to party it up in Sao Paulo, Brazil at a Bruno Mars concert and then a nightclub.

Ouch!

Anyways, hope you get better Demi!



Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Theme By:GosuBlogger and Araba Modelleri .